Terms & Conditions of Sale
These Terms and Conditions of sale were last updated on 19 December 2022
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- This website is owned and operated by Guinness World Records Limited of Ground Floor, The Rookery, 2 Dyott Street, London, WC1A 1DE (also referred to here as Guinness World Records, us and we).
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale set out the terms on which you are permitted to purchase items from Guinness World Records through www.gwrstore.com (the Website). By placing an order for any item via the Website, you accept these Terms.
- Orders will be fulfilled by our fulfilment partner, Print Clever Limited, who will also provide customer services and process any returns.
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. The packaging of the product may also vary from that shown.
- You acknowledge that all information and specifications relating to the products and any material produced by us are approximate only.
- We may change the specification of the products to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements which do not materially affect the products quality or performance.
- We may correct any error about a product on this Website and/or withdraw any products from sale without prior notice or any liability to you.
- If we provide you with any instructions about how to use or care for the products (for example, washing instructions), then you must use and care for the products accordingly and we will not be liable to you for any damage to or caused by the products because you have not followed our instructions
- The price of each product shall be price for that product set out on this Website on the date you place your order. The stated price of the products is inclusive of any applicable Value Added Tax.
- It is possible that, despite our best efforts, some products may be incorrectly priced. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any products provided to you.
- We reserve the right to revise the price of any items on this Website without notice.
ORDERS AND CONTRACT
- While we may accept orders from outside the UK, currently we only deliver to addresses in the UK (including Northern Ireland).
- Your order is made when you press the “Pay with Paypal” button at the end of the checkout process. We will take your payment at this point and send you an email confirming the details of your order (the Confirmation).
- There may be circumstances where we are not able to accept your order, for example: because the product is out of stock; because of unexpected limits on our resources or materials which we could not reasonably plan for; because you are not in a position to be able to pay for your order in full; because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product; or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified. If we are unable to accept your order, we let you know email and you will not be charged by us.
- As soon as you have placed your order and completed your payment, your order will be processed, and we will not be able to prevent your items being dispatched to you.
- Your order is not accepted by us until we have dispatched your goods, at which point a contract will be formed between you and us comprised of these Terms (as amended by us from time to time), and any pricing and other information about the goods on the Website. If there is any discrepancy between the product information or prices in your Confirmation and those for the same product on the Website, the details on the Website will apply. A contract is not formed when we take payment or send a Confirmation.
- Your payment will be made to our payment services provider, Shopify Inc. on the date on which we accept your order. We currently only accept payment by Paypal.
- You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will charge your credit or debit card when you confirm your order
CANCELLING YOUR ORDER
- If you change your mind, you can cancel your order at any time until the later of 14 days after the date of your Confirmation or 14 days after delivery of your products, unless one of the exceptions in clause 21 below applies.
- How to Cancel your Order:
However you contact us, you must give your name and address, the details of your order (including any order numbers), and clearly state that you wish to cancel your order.
You cannot cancel orders for bespoke or personalised items that have been created specifically for you.
- For information about where we deliver, delivery times and delivery costs, please see our Delivery Page here.
- Delivery Charges. You are responsible for paying the delivery/shipping charges which will be calculated and added to your order during the order process.
- Your products will be delivered to the address specified in the Confirmation (the Delivery Address) within the timeframes stated on our Delivery Page, unless we state otherwise in the Confirmation or agree a different date with you.
- You will own a product once we have received full payment for it. You will be responsible for the products from when they are delivered to the Delivery Address.
- Missed deliveries:
If you miss a delivery, please contact the carrier to rearrange delivery or find out how to collect the products. If, after a failed delivery, you do not re-arrange delivery or retrieve the products within the time stated by the carrier in their delivery note, you may be charged for any storage costs and any further delivery costs that result from the failed delivery
- Lost deliveries
Deliveries are not considered lost unless they have not been delivered to you by fourteen (14) days after the latest expected delivery date. If your products have not been delivered after this time, you may contact customer services to report your products as lost and if, on the basis of any evidence they may reasonably ask you to provide, Print Clever are satisfied that your claim is genuine, we will reimburse you for the lost products.
- Suspension of supply:
We may have to suspend the supply of a product to deal with technical problems, make minor technical changes, or to change a product to reflect new regulations. If we suspend the supply of a product after you have ordered it, we will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
- Under the UK Consumer Act 2015, our products must be of satisfactory quality, fit for their intended purpose and as described. If the products you receive do not meet these requirements or are defective or damaged when you receive them, you have the right to: (i) reject the goods; or (ii) to a repair or replacement; or (iii) to accept the goods and receive a reasonable refund from us. You must notify us of your wish to reject faulty goods within 30 days after delivery or, in the case of damage in transit, within fourteen (14) days after delivery.
- Before agreeing to reimburse you for any damaged or faulty products, you must send our customer services team a photograph of the faulty or damaged products, which must:
- Where we/Print Clever agree that the product is faulty or damaged, we will refund you the cost of affected products, our delivery charges and your reasonable return costs.
RETURNS, EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
32. For information about how to return a product, please see our Returns Page here.
b. You must return goods via registered mail and are responsible for paying the costs of the returns except where we accept that the goods are faulty as set out in clause 29 above.
c. Goods returned in as-sold condition with labels attached and intact within 30 days of delivery or cancellation are eligible for either a refund or exchange.
d. You must take reasonable care of the products while they are in your possession, and we may deduct from any refund any loss in value of the products supplied if that loss is a result of your use, misuse or handling of the products over and above what is reasonably necessary to test their size, fit and suitability.
- We will also send your information to our fulfilment services provider, Print Clever Limited, who will use that information solely to process your order and to deliver your products to you. By placing an order you agree to us sending your information to Print Clever Limited and to them using your information as described above.
- All intellectual property and other proprietary rights (including, but not limited to, brand names, product names, copyright and trademarks) and all technical, business or similar information (including, but not limited to, all designs, documents and other materials relating to the products) used in the products (together "the Intellectual Property") are and shall remain the property of Guinness World Records or our licensors.
- All copyright, trademarks, design rights and any other intellectual property rights in the website design, text, images and graphics comprised in this Website and the selection or arrangement thereof are owned by Guinness World Records or our licensors. You cannot use any of the images, logos, text, code or other materials on this Website without our prior written permission. Any such use may constitute an infringement of our rights
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
- We shall not be liable in respect of any defect in the products arising from your neglect, failure to follow our instructions (including washing and care instructions), misuse or improper alteration or repair of the products.
- Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability arising by virtue of the Consumer Protection Act 1987, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations and the Consumer Rights Act 2015 or our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or any other liability to the extent that we cannot so exclude or limit such liability as a matter of law.
- Except for the warranties implied into these terms by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Sale of Goods Act 1979, the products are provided on an “as is” basis and all warranties conditions terms and liabilities express or implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- We will not be liable for any of the following losses which may arise by reason of any breach of a Contract or any implied warranty, condition or other term, any representation or any duty of any kind imposed on us by operation of law:
- We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
- We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
- Without prejudice to any other provision of these Terms, we will not be in breach of this contract for any delay in performing, or failure to perform, our obligations under it if that delay or failure was due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control. This clause 45 does not affect your statutory rights.
- If any of these Terms is held by any competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- These Terms and any contract formed hereunder shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts if there are any disputes between them of any kind.
- Failure or neglect by either party to enforce at any time any of these Terms shall not be a waiver of that party’s rights and it shall not affect the validity of the whole or any part of these Terms or the Contract or prejudice that party's right to take subsequent action.
- Nothing in these Terms is intended to confer on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any of these Terms.
- We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time for any reason. Changes will be posted to this Website, and it is your responsibility to check this Website from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to shop on the Website after that time.
- If you have any questions about your order, you may contact the customer services team as follows:
c/o Print Clever Limited
Cheney Manor Industrial Estate