Terms & Conditions of Sale
These Terms and Conditions of Sale were last updated on 06 November 2023
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF SALE
- This website is owned and operated by Guinness World Records Limited of Ground Floor, The Rookery, 2 Dyott Street, London, WC1A 1DE (also referred to here as Guinness World Records, us and we).
- These Terms and Conditions of Sale, the product pages of the Website, the Delivery Page, the Returns Page and any other websites and documents terms referred to herein set out the terms on which you are permitted to purchase items from Guinness World Records through www.gwrstore.com (the “Website”). By placing an order for any item via the Website, you accept these Terms.
- Orders will be fulfilled by our fulfilment providers. .
- Details of how to contact customer services are provided in Clause 47 at the end of these Terms and Conditions of Sale.
- Some products may only be available for purchase in or delivery to particular territories. Please check the Delivery Page
- Products may vary slightly from their pictures. The images of the products on our website are for illustrative purposes only. Although we have made every effort to display the colours accurately, we cannot guarantee that your device's display of the colours accurately reflects the colour of the products. The packaging of the product may also vary from that shown.
- You acknowledge that all information and specifications relating to the products and any material produced by us are approximate only.
- We may change the specification of the products to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements which do not materially affect the products quality or performance.
- We may correct any error about a product on this Website and/or withdraw any products from sale without prior notice or any liability to you.
- If we provide you with any instructions about how to use or care for the products (for example, washing instructions), then you must use and care for the products accordingly and we will not be liable to you for any damage to or caused by the products because you have not followed our instructions.
- We may have to suspend the supply of a product to deal with technical problems, make minor technical changes, or to change a product to reflect new regulations. If we suspend the supply of a product after you have ordered it, we will contact you in advance to tell you we will be suspending supply, unless the problem is urgent or an emergency.
- The price of each product shall be price for that product set out on this Website on the date you place your order and may change from time to time.
- It is possible that, despite our best efforts, some products may be incorrectly priced. If we accept and process your order where a pricing error is obvious and unmistakeable and could reasonably have been recognised by you as a mispricing, we may end the contract, refund you any sums you have paid and require the return of any products provided to you.
- We reserve the right to revise the price of any items on this Website without notice.
ORDERS AND CONTRACT
- Your order is made when you press the “Pay Now” button at the end of the checkout process. We will take your payment at this point and send you an email confirming the details of your order (the Confirmation).
- There may be circumstances where we are not able to accept your order, for example: because the product is out of stock; because of unexpected limits on our resources or materials which we could not reasonably plan for; because you are not in a position to be able to pay for your order in full; because we have identified an error in the price or description of the product; or because we are unable to meet a delivery deadline you have specified. If we are unable to accept your order, we let you know email and you will not be charged by us.
- As soon as you have placed your order and completed your payment, your order will be processed, and we will not be able to prevent your items being dispatched to you.
- Your order is not accepted by us until we have dispatched your goods, at which point a contract will be formed between you and us comprised of these Terms (as amended by us from time to time), and any pricing and other information about the goods on the Website, the Delivery Page and the Returns Page and any other terms or documents referred to herein. If there is any discrepancy between the product information or prices in your Confirmation and those for the same product on the Website, the details on the Website will apply. A contract is not formed when we take payment or send a Confirmation.
19. Your payment will be made to our payment services provider, Shopify Inc. on the date on which we accept your order. We accept payment by all major credit and cards (as set out in the payment page).
20. You must pay for the products before we dispatch them. We will charge your credit or debit card when you confirm your order.
CANCELLING YOUR ORDER
21. If you change your mind, you can cancel your order at any time until the later of 14 days after the date of your Confirmation or 14 days after delivery of your products, unless one of the exceptions in clause 23 below applies.
22. How to Cancel your Order:
You can cancel your order by:
a) by returning your goods (see our Returns Page); or
b) by contacting the customer services team (see the contact details below or elsewhere on this Website); or
c) by sending our customer services team a cancellation form, a template of which is available here.
However you contact us, you must give your name and address, the details of your order (including any order numbers), and clearly state that you wish to cancel your order.
You cannot cancel orders for bespoke or personalised items that have been created specifically for you including, without limitation, and personalised Certificates of Participation. We will not accept returns of any personalised products no refund will be given for them.
24. For information about where we deliver, delivery times and delivery costs, and for delivery terms and conditions please see our Delivery Page here, which is hereby incorporated into these Terms and Conditions.
25. Under the UK Consumer Act 2015, our products must be of satisfactory quality, fit for their intended purpose and as described. If the products you receive do not meet these requirements or are defective or damaged when you receive them, you have the right to: (i) reject the goods; or (ii) to a repair or replacement; or (iii) to accept the goods and receive a reasonable refund from us. You must notify us of your wish to reject faulty goods within 30 days after delivery or, in the case of damage in transit, within fourteen (14) days after delivery.
26. Before agreeing to reimburse you for any damaged or faulty products, you must send our customer services team a photograph of the faulty or damaged products, which must:
a) Show the printed back neck label and/or design so that the products are clearly identifiable as the products supplied by us or the relevant fulfilment provider (if applicable);
b) Clearly show the faults, errors or damage in question;
c) If the issue is related to garment size:
i) The customer must place a tape measure across the garment showing the full width of the flat garment (being the width measured on a flat garment under the arms)
ii) To be considered faulty, the width must show a greater than ten percent (10%) difference between the garment as measured and the published size chart;
d) If the issue is related to garment colour, the photograph must be taken in natural light.
27) Where we agree that the product is faulty or damaged, we will refund you the cost of affected products, our delivery charges and your reasonable return costs.
RETURNS, EXCHANGES AND REFUNDS
28) For information about how to return a product and additional terms relating to returns, please see our Returns Page here, which is hereby incorporated into these Germs and Conditions of Sale.
32) We will also send your information to our fulfilment providers, who will use that information solely to process your order and to deliver your products to you. By placing an order you agree to us sending your information to the fulfilment providers and to them using your information as described above.
33) All intellectual property and other proprietary rights (including, but not limited to, brand names, product names, copyright and trademarks) and all technical, business or similar information (including, but not limited to, all designs, documents and other materials relating to the products) used in the products (together "the Intellectual Property") are and shall remain the property of Guinness World Records or our licensors.
34) All copyright, trademarks, design rights and any other intellectual property rights in the website design, text, images and graphics comprised in this Website and the selection or arrangement thereof are owned by Guinness World Records or our licensors. You cannot use any of the images, logos, text, code or other materials on this Website without our prior written permission. Any such use will constitute an infringement of our intellectual property rights.
LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
35) We shall not be liable in respect of any defect in the products arising from your neglect, failure to follow our instructions (including washing and care instructions), misuse or improper alteration or repair of the products.
36) Nothing in these Terms shall exclude or limit our liability arising by virtue of the Consumer Protection Act 1987, the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations and the Consumer Rights Act 2015 or our liability for fraud or for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or any other liability to the extent that we cannot so exclude or limit such liability as a matter of law.
37) Except for the warranties implied into these terms by the Consumer Rights Act 2015 and the Sale of Goods Act 1979, the products are provided on an “as is” basis and all warranties conditions terms and liabilities express or implied by statute or common law are excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.
a) We will not be liable for any of the following losses which may arise by reason of any breach of a Contract or any implied warranty, condition or other term, any representation or any duty of any kind imposed on us by operation of law:
b) any loss of anticipated profits or expected future business;
c) damage to reputation or goodwill;
d) any damages costs or expenses payable by you to any third party;
e) loss of any order or contract; or
f) any loss that was not foreseeable by you and us at the time our contract was formed; or any loss not caused by any breach by us.
38) We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
39) We will take all reasonable care, in so far as it is in our power to do so, to keep the details of your order and payment secure, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
40) Without prejudice to any other provision of these Terms, we will not be in breach of this contract for any delay in performing, or failure to perform, our obligations under it if that delay or failure was due to any cause or circumstance beyond our reasonable control. This clause 41 does not affect your statutory rights.
41) If any of these Terms is held by any competent authority to be unlawful, invalid or unenforceable in whole or in part then the validity of the other provisions of these Terms and the remainder of the provision in question shall not be affected and shall continue to be valid and enforceable to the fullest extent permitted by law.
42) These Terms and any contract formed hereunder shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts to hear any dispute in relation to these Terms and anything relating to the Guinness World Records Store, this Website, and any Guinness World Records merchandise and products.
43) Failure or neglect by either party to enforce at any time any of these Terms shall not be a waiver of that party’s rights and it shall not affect the validity of the whole or any part of these Terms or the Contract or prejudice that party's right to take subsequent action.
44) Nothing in these Terms is intended to confer on any third party any benefit or any right to enforce any of these Terms.
45) We reserve the right to change these Terms at any time for any reason. Changes will be posted to this Website, and it is your responsibility to check this Website from time to time to ensure that you are aware of any changes. Changes will become effective 24 hours after first posting and you will be deemed to have accepted any change if you continue to shop on the Website after that time.
If you have any questions about your order, you may contact our customer services team as follows:
By email: email@example.com